2014 CVHS CHEER TRYOUT INFORMATION IMPORTANT DATES
*All further tryout information will be posted on the school website: cheerleading.cvhs.redlandsusd.net/
Attention CVHS Parents The Redlands Unified School District will be hosting Common Core Information Sessions for parents and community members, at various campuses within our District. Please see the attached flyer for dates, times, and locations.
RUSD Common Core Workshop Info (click here)
Congratulations to our 3 time CIF-SS Championship
Girls Soccer Team!!.
Research Paper Due 12 April 2013
Be sure to turn in the following with your research paper:
1) "What is a persuasive paper?" fill in the blank notes from 1 April 2013
2) "working" works cited page with Mrs. Krohne/Mr. Noiset's initials
3) Finished Rough Draft of Paper--Edited (marks should be on the paper)
4) Editing Sheet--filled out by editor
5) Final Draft of the paper.
6) Turn in the notes electronically--The Research Paper will not be accepted unless these are turned in.
What is a book Conference
Book Conferences (10 % of quarter grade):
1) Book must be 300 pages minimum for an "A" grade. Two books of appropriate reading level can be read to create a total of 300 pages. It will be assumed that any book selected by the students has parent or guardian approval.
2) Books must be checked with Mrs. Krohne (who is looking for reading level appropriateness).
3) Book conferences may be done before the due date or on the due date, but not after the due date. No exceptions.
4) To do the book conference the book must be: (A) finished (if a longer book is selected, it still must be finished at the time of the conference), (B) with the student at the time of the conference, (C) The contents of the book must be comprehended by the student (if comprehension is an issue, take notes as you read and use them to study before the conference)
What is a book Conference?
It is a one-on-one discussion of the book that the student has completed. Mrs. Krohne will select a random page, and ask the student to read it. Then the student will be required to answer questions to show their comprehension of the book. The student will be given an "assigned date" during which class time is reserved for that student's conference. The student my make an appointment to do the conference early.
The conference is Pass/Fail. The grade the student gets will be determined by the number of pages that the student reads. (270-300 pages =A, 240-269=B, 210-239=C, 180-209=D, 179 and lower is an F, but some points will be given.)
contains Intro, "Inferno" and "Lay of the Werewolf"
Copy of the packet needed for shadow and the letter introducing you and requesting the shadow
All papers needed for research paper.
Contains information to take notes and the story "The Handsomest Drown Man in the World
Personal Statement: See this PowerPoint if you are applying to a UC school.
Here are the guidelines and questions that the interviewers will be given in order to interview you. PRACTICE THE QUESTIONS! If you don't remember what the tips for answering them were; they are still in the portfolio guidelines folder
Directions for the Coat of Arms assignment--to go with the pre-writing. Must select either Bisclavaret, Madam Bisclavaret, Dante or Franchesca.
Curriculum Guide for Senior English
VALUE OF LIFE PACKET--THIS IS THE POEM THAT TAKES THE PLACE OF TEXT 4!
video of the Grammar Goddess
Listing of what needs to be in hand for the Senior Interviews on February 8th
PROMPT FOR VALUE OF LIFE ESSAY--READ AHEAD OF TIME FOR PLANNING!
REVIEW due the day of the final
Classwork and Homework